Lesson I learned...




"It has been said something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a hurricane halfway around the world"
This I have taken from title card of the movie Butterfly Effect and since then I understand cause and effect theorem applicable for life (not only business). We all have tendency of finding possible reasons (excuses) for each and every disaster happened and seldom look at ourselves. We can blame anyone but ourselves and call guilty, and then discuss entire weekend night that how that person could have avoid that. I am no exception and inf act 99% of the "intellectual and educated" society (of which I and you are important part) have the same tendency. I will come to that later but lets just revisit the theorem and my journey to achieve that.
I was a member of hardcore hindutva supporting family (party choice is obvious) and been to schools where we have to pronounce our classmates as bhaiya (brother) and bahen (sister). I was clearly influenced by their teachings and was a religious follower of those practices (including chanting mantras just before taking lunch and dinner). It was even when 6th Dec 1992 happened, I was loyal supporter of their ideologies and continue to remain same, also I was very young to understand the gravity of what-has-happened (not even after Mumbai bomb blast).

Engineering college changed a lot of me, and my perspective of looking at things (in fact I should give credit to all the free time college has provided me to pursue my new hobby: "Reading"). "Lazza" by Taslima Nasreen is one such fine creation which actually shocked me, completely. For those who didn't read this one, it's story about a hindu family in Bangladesh who suffered badly after Dec 6' 92 incident since their fellow country-men wants to take revenge of what has happened in India; Interesting sad story with facts. There, I came to a conclusion: Big power comes with big responsibilities (I could have sue "Spiderman" if I would have wrote this blog then) and those who don't understand the word responsibility have no right to be in power, also consequences of your deed could have ripple effect and if you are an "important and powerful" person, you have to be very careful before uttering a single word, left alone taking any action.

I was wrong here, in fact I was not 100% correct; its not only important and powerful, its every single person who's action matter. May be none of my action is causing any ripple effect which is changing the scenario of the world, but its changing life of those few people who are world for me. I have faced this time and again, and refuse to learn. That's why I love life because it comes back to you every time with same lesson with more painful reward, and its completely up to your conscience when you finally quit that habit of ignoring the lessons of life and embrace every bitter learning in the sweetest way possible. I just did that while I hurt someone whom I love more than anything in the world, and I just hope that I don't need any revision.

PS: I love you mom!

No comments: